Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kenneth Rasmussen 2 posts 42 karma points
    May 30, 2023 @ 12:39
    Kenneth Rasmussen

What to do with an un-delete-able autolinked-member?

Hey everyone

I have a project (10.5.1), where our members is setup via autolinking to an openid-connect service. It works and everyone is happy. But now I suddenly have a member that cannot be deleted!

My theory is that while developing we have jumped between to openid-service providers, and that have created some kind of problem in the database, although I can't reproduce the error on new members.

Each time I try to delete the member (via the web-ui and api) I get this error:

Received an error from the server
    Failed to delete item 1b2e002e-364f-44e0-a054-5231f62d88ee
    Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression. The statement has been terminated.
      Exception Details
    Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlException, Microsoft.Data.SqlClient, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=23ec7fc2d6eaa4a5: Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression. The statement has been terminated.

I could use some advice, whether to try and "fix" the problem with the member (and how would you do this?) or pursue a manual deletion via a raw SQL-query.. What would you recommend?

Any ideas?

• Kenneth Rasmussen 2 posts 42 karma points
    Jun 09, 2023 @ 10:37
    Kenneth Rasmussen

I found the solution to this error.

While developing the website I had updated the loginProvider-name in the proces, which had created dublicate entries in these tables: umbracoExternalLogin and umbracoExternalLoginToken.

By deleting all members (except the undeletable one ofc) I could see the dublicate entries and delete them manually in the two tables. Afterwards the stuck member was easily deleted.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft