Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Wajert 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 31, 2023 @ 09:48
    Wajert

Usync using nodeID instead of Guid when using macro with MultinodeTreepicker is there a workaround?

I'm using a macro that includes a parameter operating with a MultiNodeTreePicker. This is being utilized in a rich text editor. I exported a file from my live website to my local environment using uSync. The issue lies in Umbraco propensity to create new NodeIDs for each environment. The uSync file refers to a NodeID, not a Guid. I'm curious as to why uSync doesn't utilize Guid for this purpose. Is there a known workaround for this issue?

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14324 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jun 03, 2023 @ 10:47
    Marc Goodson

Hi Wajert

My guess is that the MultipleMediaPicker when used as a ParameterEditor, doesn't have its idType set to 'udi'

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/9bafdbd992534c14d8ee8fad53c700258c15b3f3/src/Umbraco.Core/PropertyEditors/ParameterEditors/MultipleMediaPickerParameterEditor.cs#L18

and so stores the picked items as integer Ids...

Workaround wise, you could maybe create a new custom property editor by copying the core implementation from the link above or maybe inheriting from it but giving it a new name and ensuring to add the necessary configuration to make it store Udis:

eg

DefaultConfiguration.Add("idType", "udi");

USync would likely be clever enough to work with the Udis...

regards

Marc

• Chris Van Oort 110 posts 370 karma points
    Aug 02, 2023 @ 16:52
    Chris Van Oort

Were you ever able to find a solution to this? Running into the same issue -- Usync 10 + Umbraco 10

• Wajert 2 posts 22 karma points
    Oct 17, 2023 @ 12:36
    Wajert

Hi Chris,

Sorry we haven't been able to find a solution to the issue so far. We haven't had the time to dig deep into it, and the problem hasn't been urgent enough to prioritize for us.

• Chris Van Oort 110 posts 370 karma points
    Oct 17, 2023 @ 14:21
    Chris Van Oort

All good -- appreciate the reply. We changed our design to just use "single" versions of tree picker and media picker. We dug deep into the uSync code and there's something weird happening where it wouldn't resolve the IDs to UDIs on the "multi" versions. This is the only way we could reliably get Usync to gather and ship changes.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft