Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeroen Oostwouder 100 posts 296 karma points
    Jun 01, 2023 @ 07:30
    Jeroen Oostwouder

Blockgrid: get the grid-containing-node from a block-view

Hi there,

I have a block-view (if that's the correct name) that renders some content within the block-grid.

This view needs to display some data from a fixed Settings-node in the tree. I have a extension-method on IPublishedContent to get to this Settings-node. But how do I get the node that contains the grid?

I tried using Umbraco.ContentAtXPath("//Settings") but this only works for the first node of type Settings in the tree.

So if I have multiple Home-nodes (each with a Settings-node underneath) I always get the Settings-node of the first Home-node.

Is it possible to get the current node I'm on, within the block-view? Or do I need to extend some of the grid-render-functions to pass the node along in the viewbag?

• Ambert van Unen 175 posts 817 karma points c-trib
    Jun 01, 2023 @ 08:02
    Ambert van Unen

Cant you get the currentPage from the umbracoContext ? Then you can also get the settings from the current site using something like AncestorOrSelf().OfType

Jun 01, 2023 @ 08:16
    Jeroen Oostwouder

I do seem to have an UmbracoContext object, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the currentPage out of it. UmbracoContext.Content returns an IPublishedContentCache?.

edit:

I've triedUmbracoContext.Content.GetAtRoot() but that just returns all root-nodes.

Jun 01, 2023 @ 11:13
    Jeroen Oostwouder

I found it. I can get the parent page via: Umbraco.AssignedContentItem

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft