Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Arsh 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jun 02, 2023 @ 16:07
    Arsh

Lucene Index Corruption Error on Save/Publish any page and performing search in backoffice

Umbraco Version: 10.1.0

When I try to save/publish or perform a search in umbraco bacoffice, I receive this error message: Lucene.Net.Index.CorruptIndexException: invalid deletion count: 2 vs docCount=1 (resource: BufferedChecksumIndexInput(SimpleFSIndexInput(path="C:\home\site\wwwroot\umbraco\Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\InternalIndex\segments1tk"))) at Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentInfos.Read(Directory directory, String segmentFileName) at Lucene.Net.Index.IndexFileDeleter..ctor(Directory directory, IndexDeletionPolicy policy, SegmentInfos segmentInfos, InfoStream infoStream, IndexWriter writer, Boolean initialIndexExists) at Lucene.Net.Index.IndexWriter..ctor(Directory d, IndexWriterConfig conf) at Examine.Lucene.Directories.SyncedFileSystemDirectoryFactory.CreateDirectory(LuceneIndex luceneIndex, Boolean forceUnlock) at Examine.Lucene.Directories.DirectoryFactoryBase.<>cDisplayClass20.

I have followed the temporary solution to fix the corrupted index by deleting the /temp/examineindex folder and then restart which fixes this issue.

Is there any way to prevent this issue and what is causing it in the first place?

• Anthony Southworth 46 posts 173 karma points
    Dec 12, 2023 @ 12:36
    Anthony Southworth

I just encountered this issue. It may be linked to switching deployment slots in Azure. I'm using Umbraco v10.7.0

• Ian 1 post 71 karma points
    Feb 27, 2024 @ 11:12
    Ian

We have also experienced this issue, again on v10.7.0 on Umbraco Cloud. It occurred during a restart of the app.

Very interested on any more info on this and how to avoid in future.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft