Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Arunabha Das 38 posts 151 karma points
    Jun 06, 2023 @ 15:18
    Arunabha Das

<usernameIsEmail>true</usernameIsEmail> , Login with email is not working - Umbraco 8

Hi,

I am facing a situation here. There is a configuration setting in umbracosettings.config "usernameIsEmail>true "usernameIsEmail> that tells login with your email id, and at the time of user creation it shows only email property. And I can login with email id as well.

Now if I make it to false ("usernameIsEmail>false"usernameIsEmail>) , I can see that the username textbox comes up in the Users section. If I update some value in UserName textbox and then make "usernameIsEmail>true "usernameIsEmail> , I can't log in with email id, although it says UsernameIsEmail is true, it only allows you to log in with UserName and not with email id.

Can anyone tell me why making "usernameIsEmail" to false and revert back to true does not allow login with email.

• Huw Reddick 1741 posts 6104 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jun 06, 2023 @ 16:05
    Huw Reddick

Hi Arunabha,

That setting only controls how the user is created it does not affect the logging in, which is always with the username.

The setting when true just means that when created the username will equal the email entered, if false then a username must be supplied.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft