This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dennis 4 posts 74 karma points
    Jun 13, 2023 @ 07:38
    Dennis

reCaptcha v3 - your site is not verifying reCAPTCHA tokens

Umbraco version: 9.4.3

Umbraco Forms: 9.3.0

Hi,

We've recently added reCaptcha v3 with score fields to some forms.

It seems to be working. If I reach the threshhold that is set it sends the form correctly, otherwise it's rejected.

I can see a hidden field in the DOM named g-recaptcha-response with an Id.

Still i get the following warning in the reCaptcha control panel:

We detected that your site is not verifying reCAPTCHA tokens. Please see our developer site for more information.

From my understanding they are verified if we receive a "g-recaptcha-response".

Is the warning something to act on or can it be ignored? Is there no implementation from Umbraco Forms to verify the tokens?

Thank you in advance!

• emilia 1 post 71 karma points
    Jun 16, 2023 @ 06:41
    emilia

As i know double check that you have implemented the reCAPTCHA v3 API correctly on your website. Make sure you have included the necessary script tags and the site key in your HTML code.

• Dennis 4 posts 74 karma points
    Jun 16, 2023 @ 07:52
    Dennis

The site key and private key is present in the appsettings file, these seem correrct as otherwise i don't think the reCaptcha would even work. The script is present in the head as well. But I'm using Umbracos own implementation of reCaptcha v3 in Umbraco Forms, so my assumption is that this comes out of the box, as i have not added the script to the head of the site.

I tried searching and looking through the source code, but I can't see that the Umbraco implementation of reCaptcha v3 verifies the tokens after a form is submitted. I was curious if anyone knows if this is the case or if there is an issue with my environment.

• Josef Henryson 24 posts 98 karma points
    Mar 26, 2024 @ 08:03
    Josef Henryson

Hi Dennis. Did you sort this out in some way? I am facing the same issue in one of our projects.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft