Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nilay 8 posts 100 karma points
    Jun 28, 2023 @ 05:01
    Nilay

Issue with Global search using Examine Index

Hello Everyone, I am facing the below issue with index. Its old and known issue 🙂

System.ApplicationException: Could not create an index searcher with the supplied lucene directory ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: 0.cfs ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'D:\home\site\wwwroot\AppData\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\External_0.cfs'. at Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.SyncIndexInput.SyncLocally(String fileName) in D:\a\1\s\src\Examine\LuceneEngine\Directories\SyncIndexInput.cs:line 182 at Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.SyncIndexInput..ctor(SyncDirectory directory, String name, ILoggingService loggingService) in D:\a\1\s\src\Examine\LuceneEngine\Directories\SyncIndexInput.cs:line 98 at Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.SyncDirectory.OpenInput(String name) in D:\a\1\s\src\Examine\LuceneEngine\Directories\SyncDirectory.cs:line 248 --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

1. Umbraco version : 8.16
    2. Hosting:  **Azure web app, there are two sites running from one instance**  
    3. Plugin used: full text search

Added below in web.config:

<add key="Umbraco.Core.LocalTempStorage" value="EnvironmentTemp" />
    <add key="Umbraco.Examine.LuceneDirectoryFactory" value="Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.SyncTempEnvDirectoryFactory, Examine" />
    <add key="umbracoDisableElectionForSingleServer" value="true" />
    <add key="umbracoLocalTempStorage" value="EnvironmentTemp" />

• nehakakar 14 posts 84 karma points
    Jun 30, 2023 @ 13:11
    nehakakar

you can try verifying the file path, checking file permissions, clearing and rebuilding the index, verifying Umbraco and Examine configurations, and ensuring file replication in a multi-site setup.

Verify Umbraco and Examine configurations: Check your Umbraco and Examine configuration files ("web.config" and "ExamineSettings.config", respectively) to ensure they are correctly set up. Verify that the index name and file paths match and are configured properly.

Jul 03, 2023 @ 03:55
    Nilay

Hi Neha,

I dont have ExamineSetting file

• Simon Napper 84 posts 254 karma points
    Jun 30, 2023 @ 14:32
    Simon Napper

Are you using Azure? If so there are extra steps you need to go through to get it working correctly.

https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Fundamentals/Setup/Server-Setup/azure-web-apps

Jul 03, 2023 @ 03:54
    Nilay

Hi Simon,

Ya I have followed all the settings as per this doc.

As you can see, I have applied those settings in the web. config

<add key="Umbraco.Core.LocalTempStorage" value="EnvironmentTemp" />

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft