Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jessica R. Williams 5 posts 35 karma points
    Jun 28, 2023 @ 18:26
    Jessica R. Williams

Umbraco Cloud 8.18.8 Log Viewer Search Error

Hello. I'm encountering errors when doing a log search. I'm using Umbraco Cloud version 8.18.8 I'm in our Live environment > Settings > Log Viewer > Log Search.

I am attempting to search all log levels for a selected date range to find any log where the Message contains a specific string. I am following the syntax found in the Umbraco documentation here: https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/fundamentals/backoffice/logviewer#example-queries.

The search I am doing is @Message like '%4020131%'\. I've also tried @Message like '%4020131%'

The screenshot below is a demonstration of me searching for the top displayed log result and getting an error. Please see attached screenshot.

The error says "Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details. Failed to retrieve common log messages" however there are no new log entries.

Any suggestions regarding how to successfully search the logs for any messages containing a particular string and/or how to resolve the error of Log Viewer Search not being able to retrieve log messages would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot of the error thrown when searching the Umbraco Cloud 8 Log Viewer

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft