Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sebastian Dammark 581 posts 1385 karma points
    Jul 05, 2023 @ 07:50
    Sebastian Dammark

How to install a local created package ?

When you've created a package in Umbraco, how do you then install it ? enter image description here

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jul 05, 2023 @ 08:12
    Chriztian Steinmeier

You can no longer do that... (I know, it's weird).

I guess the sole function of the "Create package" function is now for creating content to include in a Nuget package, which is a whole 'nother thing in itself...

/Chriztian

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jul 05, 2023 @ 08:32
    Søren Kottal

You can use Dragonfly Schema Importer to import "packages" created from the backoffice.

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jul 05, 2023 @ 08:47
    Chriztian Steinmeier

W000t! How have I never heard of that package?

Thanks Søren 👍

/Chriztian

• mmaty 109 posts 281 karma points
    Feb 17, 2024 @ 06:37
    mmaty

I'm about upgrading an Umbraco 10 solution to Umbraco 13. Database migration fails with a lot of weird errors. So I thougt, I will start with a new Umbraco 13 database. I saved all Datatypes and Contenttypes with the "Create Package" function in Umbraco 10.

Now in Umbraco 13 I can't import these files. And Dragonfly Schema Importer seems only to work with Umbraco 10.

Does anybody have an idea of how I can proceed here?

• mmaty 109 posts 281 karma points
    Feb 17, 2024 @ 07:26
    mmaty

There seems to be a solution. Following the description in the Umbraco Documentation I was able to import data types and document types. Watching the Document types I get an error window with the following exception text:

System.IO.InvalidDataException, System.Private.CoreLib, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e: Found invalid data while decoding. 

at CSharpTest.Net.IO.TransactedCompoundFile.FileSection.Read(BlockRef& block, Boolean headerOnly, FGet fget)    
       at CSharpTest.Net.IO.TransactedCompoundFile.Read(UInt32 handle)    
       at CSharpTest.Net.Storage.BTreeFileStoreV2.OpenRoot(Boolean& isNew)    
       at CSharpTest.Net.Collections.BPlusTree`2.StorageCache.OpenRoot(Boolean& isNew)    
       at ....

EDIT: This exception can be avoided with deleting the complete contents of the umbraco\Data\TEMP folder.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft