Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Liam Dilley 153 posts 379 karma points
    Jul 11, 2023 @ 01:06
    Liam Dilley

Umbraco commerce pricing - To much

Hi All, I spoke to Umbraco support about the jump in Vendr pricing and I partly understand their responses in regard to the support etc but it is WAY TO MUCH. Our agency had a number of projects using Vendr nearly ready to go and the clients are all now holding back.

Monthly was:85Euro Now: 199Euro

This is way over double the cost per month. Right now there is no big jump in features and it will be some time before things settle and bigger and better updates happen. What is on offer does not justify the cost.

Before you could get the one off 12 months support option which was the most appealing we found for customers. 1500Euro This has now gone. One year of monthly fees is now: 2388Euro This is a huge jump and now a continual fee.

Big commerce with all the hosting and features on the recommended plan is 71.76Euro a month Shopify basic is 34.03Euro

Being in Australia and doing the conversions Vendr is now off putting to our clients.

I think the pricing is way off and needs a bit of a re-think. At least re-instating the one off fee would be a start please. It is great and exiting regarding Umbraco Commerce but you have priced out people using it. We have clients asking about Shopify and the free plugin for Umbraco to render it on the site now.

• Lukaz 44 posts 202 karma points
    Aug 17, 2023 @ 12:57
    Lukaz

I completely understand your pain, Liam. With this pricing, we can't compete with our concurrencies that are using Woocommerce on WordPress. There are a variety of clients as non-profits, small businesses, and startups which can not afford this price tag and we are losing potential clients because of this. Umbraco, introduce more price tiers, please.

• Liam Dilley 153 posts 379 karma points
    Aug 18, 2023 @ 01:20
    Liam Dilley

The single year value with no support was they key appealing one for our customers as they are going through an agency and they are paying us for that support already.

I have actually built and Shopify integration for a client. You enter your Shopify API details and have an app on the site. You build the products in Shopify. While it is basic to fit the client in terms of data now it can easily be more. Then you have a custom cart on the umbraco site but when you checkout it goes to Shopify and with some simple things done in Shopify it is all seamless. You get all the advantages of the order process, apps, shipping, stock control in Shopify and its half the cost!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft