Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tor Langlo 191 posts 534 karma points
    Jul 14, 2023 @ 23:28
    Tor Langlo

Hi,

Has anyone attempted to upgrade from Umbraco 11 to Umbraco 12 with Vendr? Is it supported by Vendr?

Migrating from Vendr to Umbraco Commerce is not something we can do overnight, both for financial and practical reasons, and we would like to avoid once again get stuck at an older Umbraco version. I sincerely hope this is not another deja vu, thinking of being stuck with Umbraco 7 due to TeaCommerce not being upgraded to Umbraco 8+ back in the days.

• Bjarne Fyrstenborg 1280 posts 3990 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jul 15, 2023 @ 11:47
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg

Hi Tor

The upgrade from Umbraco 11 to 12 is pretty straightforward via NuGet.

Regarding upgrading Vendr (assuming you are on v3) to Umbraco Commerce hasn't changed much. Most of changes is about rename of database tables and namespaces (search and replace).

Have a look at this migration from Søren Kottal: https://twitter.com/skttl/status/1678658920062111744?t=rAn16pCG69MsJajk1zaEMw&s=19

And the direct link to the migration on GitHub: https://gist.github.com/skttl/2919433f3ff78f820c262c5c6a683667

I would start migration of Vendr to Umbraco Commerce and then upgrade Umbraco to v12 afterwards.

Jul 15, 2023 @ 18:35
    Tor Langlo

Hi Bjarne, thanks for the reply!

I'm not concerned about the Umbraco upgrade itself :-), but my question was about doing that upgrade with Vendr installed on the Umbraco 11 site. Is Vendr compatible with Umbraco 12?

Regarding Umbraco Commerce, we will address that when time comes. I received an e-mail from Umbraco stating they will reach out in August.

We are on Umbraco Cloud, and I'm curious if/how that will complicate the migration, e.g. do you have to do manual migration on each Umbraco Cloud environment? How about backups of the Dev/Live environments before doing the migration, etc.

Oct 17, 2023 @ 18:53
    Tor Langlo

Just as a late wrap up to this thread, we have completed the upgrade to Umbraco 12 (U12) as well as the migration from Vendr to Umbraco Commerce (UC). UC migration documentation doesn't specifically mention Umbraco Cloud, but the key is that the upgrade to U12 must be done at the same time as the migration to UC.

After getting all the necessary updates from NuGet and following the manually migration steps on a Local cloud environment, compiling, running, and verifying the local site, we pushed all the changes to the Dev cloud env in a single operation and verified that everything looked good there. Finally, we deployed from Dev to Live.

There was one issue I noticed. The UC license wasn't recognized immediately after the upgrade, and needed a second restart of the environment before it looked good.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft