Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick 84 posts 451 karma points
    Jul 17, 2023 @ 14:14
    Nick

Unable to login into Admin on Localhost

Hi,

I have an unusual issue, I have a Umbraco Cloud 11 project which I have a dev enviroment and live instance which both have the same admin username and password to enter the backend, in both cases this works fine. The issue arises on my local machine where I have a Git Copy of the site running in Visual Studio, when debugging the site within the browser I am unable to access the admin area with the same password and username with an error message of login failed

I have checked the database and UserDisabled column is set to false and LastLockoutDate is Null within the UmbracoUser table.

So I baffleded as to why I can't access the admin section on localhost when I have been ablt to in the past, any suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks

• Gregory 2 posts 73 karma points
    Jul 21, 2023 @ 09:21
    Gregory

It's understandable that you're facing an unusual issue with accessing the admin section of your Umbraco Cloud 11 project on your local machine. There could be several reasons for this problem. Let's explore some potential solutions:

Check Connection String: Verify that your local database connection string is correctly configured in your Visual Studio project. Ensure it points to the correct database where the Umbraco admin credentials are stored.

Database Permissions: Ensure that your local database user has the necessary permissions to access and modify the Umbraco database. Check if the user is assigned the appropriate roles and privileges.

Database Sync: Make sure that the local database is in sync with the database used in the live and dev environments. If there are differences in user credentials between databases, it could lead to login issues.

Umbraco Configuration: Double-check your Umbraco configuration files (web.config) to ensure they are properly set up for your local environment. Look for any settings related to user authentication and roles.

Reset Password: If you're certain that the credentials on your local database are correct, try resetting the password for the admin user through the Umbraco back-office on your dev or live environment. Then, use the updated credentials to log in locally.

Cookies and Cache: Clear your browser cookies and cache to ensure that any cached login data does not interfere with the login process.

Debugging Information: Enable detailed error messages and logging in Umbraco to see if any specific error or issue is preventing the login process on your local machine.

Firewall or Antivirus: Check if any firewall or antivirus software on your local machine is blocking access to the Umbraco admin section. Temporarily disable such software to see if it resolves the issue.

Umbraco Version Compatibility: Ensure that your local Umbraco version matches the versions used in your dev and live environments. Mismatched versions might lead to compatibility issues.

Umbraco Support: If none of the above solutions work, consider reaching out to Umbraco support or community forums to see if others have encountered a similar issue or if there are any specific troubleshooting steps for your Umbraco Cloud version.

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1099 karma points
    Jan 04, 2024 @ 22:44
    Brendan Rice

Hey Gregory, while I'm a big fan of ChatGPT I don't think it's quite there yet when trying to resolve complex issues with Umbraco.

• Saurabh Chandra 1 post 71 karma points
    Jan 03, 2024 @ 19:09
    Saurabh Chandra

Hey it seems like for a fresh installation the userName should be set to Admin. Because I was facing the same login issue even after updating the column userNoConsole to '0'. But as soon as I updated the username to 'Admin' it resolved the issue.

UPDATE [dbo].[umbracoUser] SET
    userName = 'Admin' WHERE id = -1

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1099 karma points
    Jan 04, 2024 @ 22:43
    Brendan Rice

Hey Nick, this sounds like a database access issue. I haven't worked much with Umbraco Cloud but have seen similar issues when the user doesn't have permission or can't access the database.

Here's the official Umbraco docs, hopefully they are a good starting point:

https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cloud/databases/local-database

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft