Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Deiniol Carter 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jul 18, 2023 @ 12:01
    Deiniol Carter

Moving existing properties from document type to composition without data loss

Is it possible to move existing properties from a document type to a composition without losing data? (v10.4.2)

Moving properties between compositions seems possible without any data loss.

I've tried to create a new composition containing a property with the same alias, however that cannot be added to the document type as it's a duplicate property alias. I've tried using uSync to initially create the composition and then run again to add the composition to the document type whilst remove the existing property from the document type in the same operation. However, the property swap works but the existing data is lost.

Any tips or pointers would be welcomed as I'd like to clean up a couple of document types that share the same properties!

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jul 19, 2023 @ 06:06
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Deiniol,

I don't think it's possible without a trip to the database (and I have no idea how "simple" or "easy" that is).

You could have a look at Nathan's Flip package... even though it requires you to manually convert any existing content, one document at the time.

Hope this helps,
    /Chriztian

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft