Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• andrew shearer 506 posts 653 karma points
    Aug 02, 2023 @ 00:23
    andrew shearer

membership login via an external provider (such as auth0.com)

hello

https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/v/10.latest-lts/reference/security/auto-linking says:

In many cases, however, the external login provider you install will be the source of truth for all of your users. In this case, you will want to provide a Single Sign On (SSO) approach to logging in. This would enable the creating of user accounts on the external login provider and then automatically give them access to Umbraco. This is called auto-Linking.

can anyone answer this definitively for me:

does "auto linking" still mean that a member record in the umbraco database is required? we don't require a member record in umbraco, that's what the external provider SSO is for.

Has anyone set up an external login provider for membership login without requiring a member record in umbraco?

thanks!

• ReginaRhodes 1 post 71 karma points
    Aug 02, 2023 @ 08:50
    ReginaRhodes

Hy there i can see your post and i have some suggestion

Go to the Auth0 website (auth0.com) and sign up for an account. Create an Application:

Once you have an account, create a new application in Auth0 that represents your website or application. Configure Allowed Callback URLs:

In the application settings, specify the URLs that Auth0 can redirect users back to after they log in. These are known as "Callback URLs." Configure Allowed Logout URLs:

Similarly, set up the URLs where Auth0 can redirect users after they log out. These are known as "Logout URLs." Get Client ID and Client Secret: MyAARPMedicare benefits

Auth0 will provide you with a Client ID and Client Secret. These are credentials that you'll use to communicate with Auth0's authentication services from your application.

Thanks and regards ReginaRhodes

• Biagio Paruolo 1594 posts 1825 karma points c-trib
    Jan 09, 2024 @ 07:03
    Biagio Paruolo

In my case, I want only our pre-regirestered used by our sales. So I've to create the user with the same Umbraco member login and email on AUTH0 and the auto linking is true.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft