Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonathan L Folland 27 posts 159 karma points
    Aug 03, 2023 @ 11:59
    Jonathan L Folland

Block List - Programmatic Allowed List and Validation

I have a block list. I would like to set the initial allowed block types to be one of five. Once they add the first block type to the list, I would like to restrict the subsequent block types to be the same block type. I would also like to change the minimum and maximum number based upon the first added block type.

Is there a programmatic way to override the block list configuration for a specific block list?

• Scott 4 posts 94 karma points
    Sep 13, 2023 @ 09:06
    Scott

I had a similar issue recently, where out of 4 possible types, only type A could be added once. You can put the following in a ContentSavingNotification handler ( https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/reference/notifications/contentservice-notifications ) and tweak to your needs, hopefully will be enough to get you going

foreach (var content in notification.SavedEntities.Where(c => c.ContentType.Alias == "yourNodeAlias"))
     {
         var itemsJson = content.GetValue("items").ToString();
         var blockValue = Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject<BlockValue>(itemsJson); //umbraco uses newtonsoft not system.text
         var amountOfYourTypeOfBlock = 0;
         foreach (var item in blockValue.ContentData)
         {
             var contentType = _contentTypeService.Get(item.ContentTypeKey);
             if (contentType != null)
             {
                 if (contentType.Alias == "imageLink")
                 {
                     amountOfYourTypeOfBlock++;
                 }
             }

if (amountOfYourTypeOfBlock > 1)
             {
                 break;
             }
         }

if (amountOfYourTypeOfBlock > 1)
         {
             notification.CancelOperation(new EventMessage("Error", "Please select 1 type only", EventMessageType.Error));
         }
     }

• Jonathan L Folland 27 posts 159 karma points
    Sep 13, 2023 @ 12:22
    Jonathan L Folland

I can confirm this works for my needs. I also needed to know about that whole section in the documentation. This was a big help. Thank you!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft