Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• GunsRoseSS 12 posts 82 karma points
    Aug 09, 2023 @ 13:58
    GunsRoseSS

Umbraco Forms 10.4.0 - Forms do not load for users with a start folder

Hi all,

Ever since upgrading to Umbraco Forms 10.4.0 we have been experiencing an issue regarding users with a start folder. When trying to open the forms (aka the root) folder they are faced with the following error:

Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Operand type clash: uniqueidentifier is incompatible with int
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption, Boolean shouldCacheForAlwaysEncrypted)
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean isAsync, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest)
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, String method)
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       at StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) in C:\projects\dotnet\src\MiniProfiler.Shared\Data\ProfiledDbCommand.cs:line 216
       at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func`1 func)
       at NPoco.Database.ExecuteReaderHelper(DbCommand cmd)
       at NPoco.Database.ExecuteDataReader(DbCommand cmd, Boolean sync)
    ClientConnectionId:90b08310-647f-4396-80fd-0acc493afc5e
    Error Number:206,State:2,Class:16

We seem to have the error on multiple systems (All of which are on Umbraco 10.6.1 and Forms 10.4.0), but I haven't been able to reproduce this issue on a clean install of Umbraco. I do have to say that i did that with a SQLite database, not our usual Azure SQL databases.

I've scanned the databases for any corruptions/errors, but nothing seems out of the order...

Also, it seems that downgrading the Forms package does not work. In fact, the overview page still shows 10.4.0 as the currently installed package.

Has anyone else run into this yet?

Cheers, Richard

• GunsRoseSS 12 posts 82 karma points
    Aug 10, 2023 @ 08:25
    GunsRoseSS

Update, I hadn't look through the completed issues on the GitHub page yet. Apparently this issue will be fixed in version 10.5.0.

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco.Forms.Issues/issues/1050

An RC is already out for this package version in case you need it.

• Frederik Sørensen 6 posts 76 karma points
    Nov 01, 2023 @ 10:17
    Frederik Sørensen

Does anyone know if this bug was reintroduced in Umbraco Forms 11.2.0?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft