Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• iain-s-h 2 posts 47 karma points
    Aug 09, 2023 @ 22:13
    iain-s-h

Umbraco v12 exception at startup when run in Docker

I have upgraded to Umbraco v12 and the debug build runs fine in my development environment but when deployed to a tester's machine as a Docker container the exception shown below is thrown.

The output says to look in Umbraco's log file but the only log files I can find contain the same message.

Noting the reference to ImageSharp middleware I have tried explicitly registering the ImageSharp services by calling services.AddImageSharp() in Startup.ConfigureServices() but this has not helped.

Any ideas?

at SixLabors.ImageSharp.Web.Middleware.ImageSharpMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext, Boolean retry) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.Internal.Http.HttpProtocol.ProcessRequests[TContext](IHttpApplication`1 application) [04:47:35 ERR] Connection id "0HMSOHP4B1CSC", Request id "0HMSOHP4B1CSC:000000F2": An unhandled exception was thrown by the application. Umbraco.Cms.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details. at Umbraco.Cms.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException.Rethrow(BootFailedException bootFailedException) at Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.Middleware.BootFailedMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext context, RequestDelegate next)

• AbsolutelyN 85 posts 433 karma points
    Aug 16, 2023 @ 09:49
    AbsolutelyN

Getting the exact same error when upgrading v11.4 to v12.1.1 via nuget. Also looking for solution if anyone has any ideas?

An unhandled exception has occurred while executing the request.","@l":"Error","@x":"Umbraco.Cms.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details.\r\n at Umbraco.Cms.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException.Rethrow(BootFailedException bootFailedException)\r\n at Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.Middleware.BootFailedMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext context, RequestDelegate next)\r\n at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder.UseMiddlewareExtensions.<>cDisplayClass6_1.<1>d.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location ---\r\n at SixLabors.ImageSharp.Web.Middleware.ImageSharpMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext, Boolean retry)\r\n at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.DeveloperExceptionPageMiddlewareImpl.Invoke(HttpContext context)","EventId":{"Id":1,"Name":"UnhandledException"},"SourceContext":"Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.DeveloperExceptionPageMiddleware","RequestId":"40000006-000b-ff00-b63f-84710c7967bb","RequestPath":"/","ProcessId":27228,"ProcessName":"iisexpress","ThreadId":6,"ApplicationId":"7e4828abc6afcd1418929f125717d09efd6538ef","MachineName":"XXX","Log4NetLevel":"ERROR"}

Aug 16, 2023 @ 10:10
    AbsolutelyN

I also get the same error when creating a blank 12.1.1 site. I'm pointing the DB to a 11.4 database so I can upgrade - exact same error again.

dotnet new install Umbraco.Templates (updated to 12.1.1) Run dotnet new umbraco --name MyProject to create a new project

BootFailedException: Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details. Umbraco.Cms.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException.Rethrow(BootFailedException bootFailedException) Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.Middleware.BootFailedMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext context, RequestDelegate next) Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder.UseMiddlewareExtensions+<>cDisplayClass6_1+<1>d.MoveNext() SixLabors.ImageSharp.Web.Middleware.ImageSharpMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext, bool retry) Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.DeveloperExceptionPageMiddlewareImpl.Invoke(HttpContext context)

Show raw exception details Umbraco.Cms.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details. at Umbraco.Cms.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException.Rethrow(BootFailedException bootFailedException) at Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.Middleware.BootFailedMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext context, RequestDelegate next) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder.UseMiddlewareExtensions.<>cDisplayClass6_1.<1>d.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location --- at SixLabors.ImageSharp.Web.Middleware.ImageSharpMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext httpContext, Boolean retry) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.DeveloperExceptionPageMiddlewareImpl.Invoke(HttpContext context)

Aug 16, 2023 @ 10:49
    AbsolutelyN

Just in case it helps anyone I solved this by reverting the version of Umbraco.Templates to 12.0.0, installing and then running the upgrade against the v11.3 db. Then moved to v12.1.1 via nuget.

• iain-s-h 2 posts 47 karma points
    Aug 16, 2023 @ 22:40
    iain-s-h

It turns out that our issue was caused by an incorrect database connection string used in our Docker deployment. The call stack mention of ImageSharpMiddleware seems to be a bit of a red herring.

In this case the connection string for our test environment needed to have ;TrustServerCertificate=True appended as the default used by the .NET SQL database library is now False.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft