Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christoffer Frede 30 posts 140 karma points
    Aug 15, 2023 @ 13:58
    Christoffer Frede

problems upgrading umbraco version on azure website after succesfull local upgrade

Hi all.

i am having some problems upgrading an Umbraco 10 website to a newer version.

The website is installed as an Azure web app and i am running the website locally in Visual studio. the websites run on the same database on Azure. To publish changes from local to Azure i use the Visual studio publish function. there is no problem upgrading the website locally using. specifically i am trying to upgrade from 10.4 to 10.6.1.

but when i publish the changes to Azure i get prompted with the Umbraco Screen saying that the website is under maintenance and that it needs an upgrade. but when i try to upgrade i get an exception.

i have checked the logs an the Exception says:

The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: The migration plan does not support migrating from state \"{83AF7945-DADE-4A02-9041-F3F6EBFAC319}\".\n

which in some way makes sense, however i would assume that when i published the project to Azure the fileset would be updated and not ask for an upgrade ?

could anyone share some insight on this issue or maybe knows what i am doing wrong ?

/best regards Christoffer.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft