Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bartosz Szadach 8 posts 72 karma points
    Aug 17, 2023 @ 07:48
    Bartosz Szadach

Exception while trying to access property when it has "Vary by culture" set to true after upgrade from 8.18.8 to 12.1.0.

Hi! For some reason I have ArgumentNullException while trying to access one of properties on object generated by Umbraco. It only happens, when "Vary by culture" is set to true, when I set it to false, then exception is not occurring. Everything was working before I've updated version from 8.18.8.

Do you have any ideas what is wrong? stack trace:

at Umbraco.Cms.Core.Collections.CompositeStringStringKey..ctor(String key1, String key2) at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.PublishedCache.Property.GetSourceValue(String culture, String segment) at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.PublishedCache.Property.HasValue(String culture, String segment) at Umbraco.Extensions.PublishedContentExtensions.Value[T](IPublishedContent content, IPublishedValueFallback publishedValueFallback, String alias, String culture, String segment, Fallback fallback, T defaultValue) at Umbraco.Web.PublishedModels.PressReleaseCategory.get_Category() in C:\Users\x\source\repos\Permobil-Global-Backend\src\Permobil.Core\Models\Umbraco\PressReleaseCategory.generated.cs:line 58 at Permobil.Content.PressReleases.PressReleaseCategoryIdService.GetPressReleaseCategory(PressReleaseCategory pressReleaseCategory) in C:\Users\x\source\repos\Permobil-Global-Backend\src\Permobil.Content\PressReleases\PressReleaseCategoryIdService.cs:line 27 at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectEnumerableIterator2.MoveNext()
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator1.MoveNext() at System.String.Join(String separator, IEnumerable1 values)
    at Permobil.Content.Components.Search.PressReleaseSearchIndexComponent.SavePressReleaseFields(Object sender, IndexingItemEventArgs e) in C:\Users\x\source\repos\Permobil-Global-Backend\src\Permobil.Content\Components\Search\PressReleaseSearchIndexComponent.cs:line 77
    at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Examine.UmbracoExamineIndex.OnTransformingIndexValues(IndexingItemEventArgs e)
    at Examine.Lucene.Providers.LuceneIndex.ProcessIndexQueueItem(IndexOperation op)
    at Examine.Lucene.Providers.LuceneIndex.ProcessQueueItem(IndexOperation item)
    at Examine.Lucene.Providers.LuceneIndex.PerformIndexItemsInternal(IEnumerable1 valueSets, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

• Ben Murphy 1 post 71 karma points
    Oct 10, 2023 @ 11:03
    Ben Murphy

This looks to be an issue with the segment parameter not being set.

I have replied to your Github issue here and asked for it to be re-opened.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft