Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ras 61 posts 324 karma points
    Sep 06, 2023 @ 08:24
    Ras

Many URLs under "Redirect URL Management" lead to a 404 instead of the new URL.

We are running Umbraco v8.18.8. We noticed that many, not all, but many of the "Original URL" do not redirect to the "Redirected To" URL but instead lead to a 404. I'm not able to see any pattern as it's seemingly random which ones work and which ones do not. There are no other errors other than the 404 page.

I suppose one thing I see is that many pages within a three-page tree with the same parent as such: /parent/page/folder/page/ have been moved to /new-parent/page/folder/page/, if that makes sense. So the page along with the folder under it and another page in the folder have been moved to a new parent. All of these pages throw a 404.

I found a similar issue where the culture field in umbracoRedirectUrls database had been set to "null" but this was not the case.

I also attempted creating the old page so that the original URL would exist, but then it simply goes to that page without redirecting.

Any suggestions for how to debug this, or any solutions? Would rebuilding the indexes affect the redirect URLs at all? (update: Rebuilt indexes, no effect)

• Jason D 66 posts 218 karma points
    Dec 05, 2023 @ 23:26
    Jason D

I'm also having this issue, where the built in Redirect URL Managment is sending redirects to 404.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft