Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jukka-Pekka Keisala 90 posts 226 karma points
    Sep 09, 2023 @ 13:31
    Jukka-Pekka Keisala

Umbraco on Linux is not running

I am running the latest dotnet SDK (7.0.110) and installed Umbraco as per Install using .NET CLI documentation

But when I try to run dotnet run I get following error:

Unhandled exception. System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'factory')
       at System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.RegisterFactory(String providerInvariantName, DbProviderFactory factory)
       at Umbraco.Cms.Persistence.SqlServer.UmbracoBuilderExtensions.AddUmbracoSqlServerSupport(IUmbracoBuilder builder)
       at Umbraco.Cms.Persistence.SqlServer.SqlServerComposer.Compose(IUmbracoBuilder builder)
       at Umbraco.Cms.Core.Composing.ComposerGraph.Compose()
       at Umbraco.Cms.Core.DependencyInjection.UmbracoBuilderExtensions.AddComposers(IUmbracoBuilder builder)
       at nt.web.Startup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services) in /home/jp/code/docker/src/nt.web/Startup.cs:line 32
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Void** arguments, Signature sig, Boolean isConstructor)
       at System.Reflection.MethodInvoker.Invoke(Object obj, IntPtr* args, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConfigureServicesBuilder.InvokeCore(Object instance, IServiceCollection services)
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.GenericWebHostBuilder.UseStartup(Type startupType, HostBuilderContext context, IServiceCollection services, Object instance)
       at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostBuilder.InitializeServiceProvider()
       at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostBuilder.Build()
       at Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.Hosting.UmbracoHostBuilderDecorator.Build()
       at nt.web.Program.Main(String[] args) in /home/jp/code/docker/src/nt.web/Program.cs:line 6

Anyone knows what am I missing?

• David Jazbec 17 posts 127 karma points
    Nov 17, 2023 @ 22:53
    David Jazbec

Did you find a solution to this? I am having the same problem.

Nov 26, 2023 @ 10:18
    Jukka-Pekka Keisala

No, it seems Umbraco is not running under Linux. It would be intresting to hear if anyone has been able to run it?

• David Jazbec 17 posts 127 karma points
    Nov 26, 2023 @ 10:24
    David Jazbec

Funny thing is, that the same project deployed to my linux server actually works without problem.

• Huw Reddick 1737 posts 6098 karma points MVP c-trib
    Nov 27, 2023 @ 08:01
    Huw Reddick

Should run fine on Linux, I have it running on a raspberry pi.

The error sounds database related, what database are you trying to use?

Nov 27, 2023 @ 08:50
    Jukka-Pekka Keisala

I was trying to run just with a default settings as per documentation. I tried in Linux Mint desktop and on Docker (Ubuntu) under it and both stopped on the same error. Perhaps I am missing some libraries on dotnet? I am going to give another spin on this in few days.

• Huw Reddick 1737 posts 6098 karma points MVP c-trib
    Nov 27, 2023 @ 16:42
    Huw Reddick

I had issues with plugins in the backoffice on the Pi, so ended up having to publish in debug rather than release mode (something to do with the smidge minification)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft