Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonathan L Folland 27 posts 159 karma points
    Sep 11, 2023 @ 20:47
    Jonathan L Folland

usync content path exclude

UPDATE: this seems to actually work, but not as I would expect. It updates the file in the usync/v9/content folder, but on import the item does not get imported. My preference would be that the file does not get created either. Is this how it is supposed to work?

UPDATE 2: Confirming that RulesOnExport works. I added the value on the same level as the exclude value:

"ContentHandler": {"Settings": {
    "Exclude": "/SiteData/Committees/",
    "RulesOnExport": true  }}

I am trying to set an exclude path on the content handler for usync. I can see my configuration changes get updated by looking at appsettings within the usync setting section; but every time I save an item in that path, it still gets written to file. I feel like there must be something wrong with the config, but I cannot see it. I have tried variations with leading and trailing slashes. I was hoping to be able to include a trailing slash so that it would include the committees folder, but not the child items. Any ideas?

"uSync": {   "Settings": {
     "FailOnMissingParent": false }, "Sets": {
     "Default": {
       "Handlers": {
         "ContentHandler": {
           "Settings": {
             "Exclude": "/SiteData/Committees"
           }
         }
       }
     }},

• Marc Goodson 2142 posts 14345 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Sep 12, 2023 @ 22:13
    Marc Goodson

Hi Jonathan

By default the exclude rule is only applied on import, there is a further setting you can add called, 'RulesOnExport' if you set that to true... Should stop the file from exporting too!

https://usync.readthedocs.io/handler-config/

Regards

Marc

• Jonathan L Folland 27 posts 159 karma points
    Sep 13, 2023 @ 13:13
    Jonathan L Folland

Confirming this works. Thank you!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft