Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Remko 118 posts 283 karma points
    Sep 12, 2023 @ 10:21
    Remko

Why does scheduled publishing not hit any of the publish notifications?

We have lots of functionality added with some notification handlers like ContentPublishedNotification. This works great when Save and publish button is used in Umbraco.

But when Scheduled publishing is used, there isn't any event fired, so we can't seem to use ContentPublishedNotification or any other.

This seems like a bug right? Is there any work around, because now scheduled publishing makes our website buggy because it depends on this notifications fired.

• Johan Runsten 38 posts 276 karma points c-trib
    Jan 29, 2024 @ 14:21
    Johan Runsten

Hi Remko,

I'm experiencing this issue as well on an Umbraco 12.3.6 site hosted in Azure. It works on my local machine however...

Have you had any progress? :) I'll open an issue on the GitHub tracker as well.

Jan 31, 2024 @ 13:16
    Johan Runsten

I have an update that resolved our issue.

For us, running the site in an Azure App Service, the culprit seems to have been the ServerRole that Umbraco automatically assigned as "Subscriber" (as it should in a load balanced environment). However that particular site isn't load balanced, so I forced it to be "Single" and then I started getting ContentPublishedNotification:s.

I have yet to confirm if it's still a problem for us in our load balanced environment though.

Feb 05, 2024 @ 11:23
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft