Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dibs 202 posts 991 karma points
    Sep 25, 2023 @ 10:56
    Dibs

cmsContentNu table issue

Dear Umbraco Team

Could some explain why/ how the cmsContentNu table is populated ?

I have recently discovered the data column is null for all entries while the dataRaw column has entries.

But on another Umbraco Database the data column has json content for all entries and the dataRaw column is null for all entries.

I'm not sure why this is the case. I have read a few articles but no sucesss. rebuilding the database cache from backoffice has made no difference.

Dibs

• Nik 1595 posts 7154 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Sep 26, 2023 @ 15:47
    Nik

Hi Dibs,

I believe it depends on how nucache is configured. In v8 an option was introduced that stopped storing the Json and instead stored it as binary data. I "think" that if that is enabled you will see the null's you are explaining.

However, the DB table isn't used "that much", most of the time the cache is loaded from disk rather than hitting the DB, the DB is more of a backup essentially.

Are you getting other issues that made you investigate this table in the first place?

Thanks

Nik

• Dibs 202 posts 991 karma points
    Sep 28, 2023 @ 10:48
    Dibs

Hi Nik

Thanks for reply, much appreciated

There was no issue, i had made a change by removing a composition from a specific doctype and wanted to see the JSON value in the table reflecting my change i.e fields and data from a node removed within the JSON value. More of a reassurance the data is removed from the node and Doctype updated as expected.

This leads me to more questions How should i check the change i made ? Can this be reversed so i can see the JSON value in the data column ?

Cheers Dibs

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft