Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tate 4 posts 74 karma points
    Sep 25, 2023 @ 16:10
    Tate

Our.Umbraco.DocTypeGridEditor issue

I am trying to use Our.Umbraco.DocTypeGridEditor package and I am receiving this exception message:

System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException HResult=0x80131602 Message=Could not load all types from "Our.Umbraco.DocTypeGridEditor, Version=10.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" due to LoaderExceptions, skipping: . System.TypeLoadException on Our.Umbraco.DocTypeGridEditor.Models.DetachedPublishedProperty: Method 'GetDeliveryApiValue' in type 'Our.Umbraco.DocTypeGridEditor.Models.DetachedPublishedProperty' from assembly 'Our.Umbraco.DocTypeGridEditor, Version=10.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation. . System.TypeLoadException on Our.Umbraco.DocTypeGridEditor.Models.UnpublishedProperty: Method 'GetDeliveryApiValue' in type 'Our.Umbraco.DocTypeGridEditor.Models.UnpublishedProperty' from assembly 'Our.Umbraco.DocTypeGridEditor, Version=10.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.

The installation was successful, the build was successful. I tried to use multiple versions, for 10.0.1.0, 10.0.0.0, 9.0.0.0 I case of all version I am getting the same exception. I can provide additional information if required. I don's see the Doc types in the correct format in the Umbraco because of this issue.

Exception screenshot

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Sep 26, 2023 @ 12:20
    Søren Kottal

Looks like you've installed DocTypeGridEditor in Umbraco 12. DocTypeGridEditor is not compatible with Umbraco 12 - and will not be.

Also, the built in grid property editor, that DocTypeGridEditor extends, is deprecated, and will be removed in Umbraco 14. You should use either Block List, or Block Grid instead.

• Tate 4 posts 74 karma points
    Sep 26, 2023 @ 14:38
    Tate

Thank you for your response, I tried to use both Block List and Block Grid, both doesn't support nested content, is there any way to use nested content in Umbraco 12 application? I am migrating the application from Umbraco 8 and I have Umbraco.NestedContent used in lots of places.

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Sep 26, 2023 @ 15:07
    Nik

Hi Tate,

Along with the Grid, Nested Content is consider obsolete now. The best thing would be to migrate from Nested Content to the Block List. Along with moving from the Grid to Block Grid.

Alternatively, you could migrate to Umbraco v10 which is LTS, where as Umbraco 11 and 12 are not LTS.

Thanks

Nik

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft