Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dave Jonker 21 posts 61 karma points
    Sep 26, 2023 @ 08:18
    Dave Jonker

Skip item id=xxxxx, both draft and published data are null

I have a website that's updated from 7.x to 10.x. And everytime I 'reboot' the website (the app-pool gets started) I get a lot of warnings like this in my log:

Skip item id=xxxxx, both draft and published data are null.
    kitNodeId   xxxxx
    SourceContext   ContentStore 
    ActionId    <<guid>>
    ActionName  Umbraco.Cms.Web.BackOffice.Controllers.PublishedSnapshotCacheStatusController.ReloadCache (Umbraco.Web.BackOffice)
    RequestId   <<guid>
    RequestPath /umbraco/backoffice/umbracoapi/publishedsnapshotcachestatus/ReloadCache

Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Dave Jonker

Sep 26, 2023 @ 08:28
    Dave Jonker

And a reply to my own question. The above problem also occurs when publishing items.

• Simon Napper 84 posts 254 karma points
    Sep 26, 2023 @ 08:42
    Simon Napper

Hi Dave,

Just wondering if this is being caused by some outdated data types?

Did you upgrade straight from 7 to 10 or did you go up in incremental version steps? When you go from 7 to 8, it's advised to use the ProWorks migration package to help with obsolete data types.

Sep 26, 2023 @ 08:54
    Dave Jonker

Hi Simon,

This is the path I took while upgrading:

7.14.0 > 8.1.6 > 10.0 > 10.6.1

There are, as far as I can see, no obsolete datatypes in the new version/website.

In fact; I've used the migration package while upgrading.

Do you have any other advice?

Dave

• Simon Napper 84 posts 254 karma points
    Sep 26, 2023 @ 09:08
    Simon Napper

Hi Dave,

When you click on an affected node, are any of the fields present, but missing data at all?

I've seen data not migrate properly and cause errors on publish as the field exists, the data exists, but it's in the wrong format as it's based on a json format from an older or obsolete data type, so when it tries to publish it fails. It may require a trip round the property data database table to confirm though or if you're using uSync with content export enabled, you could create a new version of an affected node, fill in all the data and then export that content alongside an erroring node and compare the two for any data that looks problematic.

Only other niche thing I can think of is tabs. When going up to version 9, tabs changed a bit and if your version 8 site has tabs called "Generic Properties" this can get mangled on the way up to version 9. It's a bit niche though that scenario!

Sep 26, 2023 @ 09:12
    Dave Jonker

Hi Simon,

All the data is present and showing on backend and frontend.

Ik will look into the tabs; but I think I've re-arranged all the tabs etc. so I don't think that's the problem.

Thanks anyway for your answers!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft