Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonathan L Folland 27 posts 159 karma points
    Sep 29, 2023 @ 16:33
    Jonathan L Folland

Usync.Complete: is it scriptable to run smaller chunks?

UPDATE: I now believe the issue I was running into was more related to a low quality network connection. I just re-ran the process without modifying maxrequestbodysize on a better network. The process completed successfully. I see the same error in the event log. So it appears to me that the logged issue (WARN), may be more informational than a failure of the process. I would still be interested in knowing if the usync process can be scripted.

I am trying to publish a listing folder with about 800 items to another server. I am seeing the following in the event log:

"Increasing the MaxRequestBodySize conflicts with the max value for IIS limit maxAllowedContentLength. HTTP requests that have a content length greater than maxAllowedContentLength will still be rejected by IIS. You can disable the limit by either removing or setting the maxAllowedContentLength value to a higher.."

There are not a lot of items and they do not contain a lot of data for each item, but somehow I am hitting max request body size limits. So I am thinking one way to handle this would be to have a script that would page through folders like this, because I can imagine having folders with far more items and I think just increasing MaxRequestBodySize does not seem like a great option.

Ideally, usync.complete would just handle this by chunking content and allowing retry without re-running every synced item when there is some kind of issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft