Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dhiren 59 posts 201 karma points
    Oct 10, 2023 @ 13:23
    Dhiren

Umbraco cannot run after deployment - Restart required

I am facing following error after deployment to live site. Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details.\n\n-> Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Boot failed.\n\n-> System.TimeoutException: Cannot acquire MainDom\n at Umbraco.Core.Runtime.MainDom.Acquire

Configuration on which I have doubt are as below:

<add key="Umbraco.Core.LocalTempStorage" value="EnvironmentTemp" />
        <add key="Umbraco.Examine.LuceneDirectoryFactory" value="Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.SyncTempEnvDirectoryFactory, Examine" />

Whenever I face this error after deployment, I have to stop my website and kill worker process and restart my site. After this step, my site works fine. but everytime after deployment, I have to follow these steps.

My staging site is running on same server but I do not face this issue on staging site. It has same configuration as live.

Environment/Hosting detail:

• Windows Virtual Server
    • IIS Hosting
    • Umbraco 8.18.8

If any one have faced this issue, please help me out on this.

• Aday Rodriguez 3 posts 44 karma points
    Jan 11, 2024 @ 02:23
    Aday Rodriguez

I had the same issue now in umbraco 13 and it was solved by assigning full control permissions to IIS_IUSRS user on the hosting folder. Umbraco CMS requires access to delete, create, modify, and execute.

• Amalie Wowern 144 posts 273 karma points c-trib
    Jan 29, 2024 @ 13:20
    Amalie Wowern

Hi Aday

Which folder is the hosting folder.

I have the same problem with a solution i upgraded from 11->13

I have assigned full controll to the umbraco project for iis_iusrs but it did not help

• Aday Rodriguez 3 posts 44 karma points
    Jan 29, 2024 @ 15:12
    Aday Rodriguez

I'm hosting under c\inetpub\wwwroot\application_name. That's where .net core apps work best due to proper inherited permissions.

• Simon Napper 84 posts 254 karma points
    Jan 29, 2024 @ 15:56
    Simon Napper

I had a similar issue with v8 and to be honest I never did get to the bottom of it!

So as a workaround, I updated my deployment script to restart the worker process at the end of the deployment and that did the trick.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft