Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Claushingebjerg 936 posts 2571 karma points
    Oct 27, 2023 @ 09:05
    Claushingebjerg

accessing blockgrid settings

I need to access some settings on a block grid. I installed the examples, and added a settings doc type to the "two column" layout block. All good.

I need to access these settings on the absolute top level of the block renderer. (default.cshtml)

@inherits Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.Views.UmbracoViewPage<Umbraco.Cms.Core.Models.Blocks.BlockGridModel>
    @{
            if (Model?.Any() != true) { return; }
            var settings = Model.Settings;
        }

But that gives me an error: 'BlockGridModel' does not contain a definition for 'Settings' and no accessible extension method 'Settings' accepting a first argument of type 'BlockGridModel' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Whats the syntax for accessing the settings at this level/Model

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Oct 29, 2023 @ 21:33
    Marc Goodson

Hi Claushingebjerg

At that level the model is a BlockGridModel which is a collection of BlockGridItems, but it's these individual BlockGridItems that have the Settings properties.

You can see a bit about the possibilities in the custom rendering section in the block grid docs

https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/fundamentals/backoffice/property-editors/built-in-umbraco-property-editors/block-editor/block-grid-editor#2.-build-your-own-rendering

Anyway, you should be able to find your two column layout block with something like...

var twoColBlock = Model. FirstOrDefault(f=>f.Content. ContentType.Alias == "twoColBlockAlias");

var twoColSettings = twoColBlock. Settings as TwoColSettingsModel;

Depending on what your blocks and setting blocks are called!

Regards

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft