Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jonok 297 posts 658 karma points
    Oct 28, 2023 @ 06:20
    jonok

Error when upgrading 11.4 to 12.2

I'm getting the following error in Windows Event Viewer when running my site after upgrading from 11.4 to 12.2:

Application: w3wp.exe
          CoreCLR Version: 7.0.122.56804
            .NET Version: 7.0.1
            Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
            Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Hellang.Middleware.ProblemDetails, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d7a30beb8c006be0'. The system cannot find the file specified.

Can anybody please assist? I'm so apprehensive when I attempt an Umbraco upgrade and then I regret it afterwards because I lose hours of time trying to fix it.

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Oct 28, 2023 @ 06:45
    Marc Goodson

Hi jonok

Where is Hellang.Middleware.ProblemDetails package coming from?

https://www.nuget.org/packages/Hellang.Middleware.ProblemDetails/#dependencies-body-tab

I don't think it's part of Umbraco? but can see in V12+ Umbraco have started using the ProblemDetails pattern: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/contrib/src/Umbraco.Cms.Api.Common/Builders/ProblemDetailsBuilder.cs

But it feels like somewhere in the dependencies of your project it has a dependency on this plugin, and now that the site is upgraded to V12 either reference exists to the package but it's not installed, or it's installed and the DLL is missing... so first step is does the upgraded site have the DLL?

regards

marc

• jonok 297 posts 658 karma points
    Oct 28, 2023 @ 20:37
    jonok

Hi Marc, Good question - I think the problem was that the site I was upgrading was using iTextSharp for PDF creation, and the U12 build gave some warnings about an incorrect version, so I looked up iTextSharp and there is a new version called iText7. So this was added to the project, which I think caused a few issues. I have gone back to the iTextSharp package and it all seems to be working, so thanks for your help and getting me to look at other things.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft