Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tejasree Konduru 4 posts 74 karma points
    Nov 01, 2023 @ 16:55
    Tejasree Konduru

Creating a custom dashboard in Umbraco 10 using angular module

Hi there !I am creating custom dashboard in umbraco v10.4 and I am trying to get the All the 'Editors' log history from the 'Users' section instead of just one current user. I have achieved to get the current user edited info on the dashboard using this getCurrentUser(), but I am wondering Could somebody let me know do we have any other methods in 'userservice', to get all the editors log information to the custom dashboard

angular.module("umbraco").controller("CustomWelcomeDashboardController", function ($scope, userService, logResource, entityResource) {

var vm = this;
    vm.UserName = "guest";

var user = userService.***getCurrentUser()***.then(function (user) {

• Marc Goodson 2142 posts 14345 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Nov 01, 2023 @ 22:29
    Marc Goodson

Hi Tejasree

The method that gets the current users recent activity uses the logResource

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/c19e747bbed1af5bae4a17ba4863da57d38c0b05/src/Umbraco.Web.UI.Client/src/common/resources/log.resource.js#L8

But I don't think there is an alternative method that retrieves the audit history for all users...

... There is, however, an open source package for Umbraco, excitingly called 'The Dashboard' - which provides this functionality, and so you can take a glimpse into it's source to see how they have retrieved this info from the database...

https://github.com/enkelmedia/TheDashboard/blob/43f386a8d4bb4d6a32fa02735be9516fda6f0126/Our.Umbraco.TheDashboard/Services/TheDashboardService.cs#L21

Regards

Marc

• Tejasree Konduru 4 posts 74 karma points
    Nov 09, 2023 @ 10:24
    Tejasree Konduru

Perfect! Thanks very much. I have installed the package 'The Dashboard' and I could get all the edited information for all the users on the welcome tab.

A quick question, is it possible to do some customisations for the files? eg-'en-US.xml'(to change the alias names or whatever required), dashboard.html, dashboard.controller.js Or are they standard ones where we could not customise them?`

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft