Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ask Sejsbo 11 posts 81 karma points
    Nov 13, 2023 @ 21:47
    Ask Sejsbo

Best choice for broken link checker?

Hi

I have a 8.15.1 installation running.

We recently had some issues with a page being unpublished, and the site breaking because of it.

For that reason, I would like to look into broken link checkers.

The first one I looked at was nexu, but it seems to only work for umbraco 8, and I might need to upgrade my site at some point. Also, I could'nt get it to work, the "Related links" button does'nt show up when I try to install it locally.

The I looked at broken link checker, but this also just seems to only work for umbraco 8, I may want to update to 10 at some point. And also it seems unclear to me how well maintained it is.

But is there any good options that I can take? What would be the recommended course of action?

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Nov 14, 2023 @ 13:10
    Søren Kottal

Hi Ask

The functionality of Nexu has more or less been part of core since 8.6.

It's not a broken link checker though (neither is Nexu), but it tracks references to different entities in Umbraco, and warns you if you try to delete an already referenced entity (like a node, or a media item).

• Ask Sejsbo 11 posts 81 karma points
    Nov 14, 2023 @ 18:51
    Ask Sejsbo

Ah, yeah okay

When It's been a part of umbraco core since 8.6, how does that work. Would there then be a way for me to check broken links without installing a package?

Also, I tried installing it (nexu) locally, and it works quite nicely, even though it only works when I install it via zip, and also sometimes I need to install it a few times before it does anything.

But I noticed that if I stop the project from running and start it again, then sometimes all my content is gone. Does anyone know if the other package is more reliable?

• Mustik 1 post 20 karma points
    Mar 24, 2024 @ 12:38
    Mustik

Such plugins are usually slow and can overload your server. For such tasks, it's better to use cloud solutions like: dead broken link checker

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Mar 24, 2024 @ 14:55
    Marc Goodson

Hi Ask

It's not part of Umbraco but I tend to run this external tool against my sites at regular intervals...

https://xenus-link-sleuth.en.softonic.com/

It's very good at finding broken links...

Ironically Xenu is an anagram of Nexu, but they are different things!

Regards

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft