Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric1243123 2 posts 44 karma points
    Dec 15, 2023 @ 18:22
    Eric1243123

Problem with upgrading to Umbraco 13.0.1

Booted up my project after updating to 13.0.1, went to Handle the upgrade, logged in, then clicked the continue button. It runs for a few seconds, but then crashes because The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: The process cannot access the file 'C:\path\to\project\umbraco\Data\TEMP\NuCache\NuCache.Content.db' because it is being used by another process. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in 'LoggingSettings.Directory')

So i power down my iis process, I delete those files, and retry. Upon watching it, the files get created, but then can't be accessed. I'm trying to go from 10.6.1 to 13.0.1.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

UPDATE: Attempted to go to 12.3.5 and encountered this same issue

• Eric1243123 2 posts 44 karma points
    Dec 15, 2023 @ 20:42
    Eric1243123

Found a solution by renaming the old umbraco folder, the one with Data/TEMP, and retrying from there. Is this the correct approach, or is there another way involving a more thorough fix?

UPDATE: Upon further inspection of umbraco/Data/TEMP/, there were two MainDom_*SomeNumbersHere*.lockfiles. Curious if maybe that is the root issue.

• Jesse Andrews 191 posts 716 karma points c-trib
    Jan 24, 2024 @ 00:22
    Jesse Andrews

I ran into this same error. I tried renaming the umbraco folder in my project, but that didn't resolve the error in my case. What did work is deleting the file it was complaining about in the error message. I just deleted the whole folder, which follows the format "C:/Users/{user}/AppData/Local/Temp/UmbracoData/{key}." Not sure why another process was trying to read it, but that allowed the upgrade to complete successfully.

• ewuski 89 posts 235 karma points
    Feb 21, 2024 @ 18:30
    ewuski

Igot the same issue when upgrading from 11 to 12.

In my case I just deleted the entire folder /umbraco and the upgrade worked.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft