Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jacob Janisz 1 post 21 karma points
    Dec 20, 2023 @ 16:12
    Jacob Janisz

Backoffice v14: Builder doesn't see NPM packages

I followed this tutorial for setting up new Umbraco Backoffice v14 project, it works as it should as long as I don't add new plugin. I followed this one to create new plugin with Vite + TS + Lit. I installed all packages, built the JS file with Vite but once I run the project build it doesn't see the dependencies for some reason and it throws a lot of errors in the following manner:

C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\8.0.100\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(5198,5): error MSB3030: Could not copy the file "C:\_azure\V14Vue\App_Plugins\lit-ts\node_modules\@umbraco-cms\backoffice\dist-cms\external\backend-api\src\models\CreateContentTypeRequestModelBaseCreateDocumentTypePropertyTypeRequestModelCreateDocumentTypePropertyTypeContainerRequestModel.d.ts" because it was not found. [C:\_azure\V14Vue\V14Vue.csproj]

I've copied the concerned path and turns out the file exists. What problem it could be?

Thanks

• Marcin-Niznik 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 18, 2024 @ 13:28
    Marcin-Niznik

I had a very similar issue, but in my case the issue was that:

Microsoft Windows has a MAX_PATH limit of ~256 characters. If the length of the path and filename combined exceed ~256 characters you will be able to see the path/files via Windows/File Explorer, but may not be able to delete/move/rename these paths/files.

source: https://it.cornell.edu/shared-file/windows-file-name-or-destination-path-you-specified-not-valid-or-too-long

In your case it seems not that the paths are not that long, but I noticed that you are almost there ...and the "CreateContentTypeRequestModelBaseCreateDocumentTypePropertyTypeRequestModelCreateDocumentTypePropertyTypeContainerRequestModel" seems a bit too long for a class name. So If you add 8 more slashes somewhere there... you will be there

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft