Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stefan Stankovic 12 posts 119 karma points
    Dec 21, 2023 @ 08:53
    Stefan Stankovic

Umbraco Block Grid Element made by Umbraco Block List elements

We use the Umbraco Block Grid with models. We have cards as an independent component, but there is a requirement to use the card model to create a card carousel, so we need a new model with a list of cards. For that purpose, we created a new data type Block List with only one card element. But there is no option to edit cards in the list: enter image description here

I've checked the Umbraco source code, there is the Umbraco block list row template and there is no edit button in the list of actions.

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/v12/dev/src/Umbraco.Web.UI.Client/src/views/propertyeditors/blocklist/umb-block-list-row.html#L14-L40

Is that the Umbraco default behavior or did I miss something so there is no edit option?

• Anders Bjerner 487 posts 2989 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Dec 21, 2023 @ 10:00
    Anders Bjerner

Just a quick question - what happens if you click on the part of the row that you haven't highlighted in your screenshot.

Clicking the name/label should open the content part of the block in an overlay.

• Stefan Stankovic 12 posts 119 karma points
    Dec 21, 2023 @ 12:06
    Stefan Stankovic

Hi Anders, thank you for the quick answer. I've tried to click on the row but it hasn't been working. Also, I've tried to create a block list template for the component and force block.edit() on click, but it hasn't been working as well.

• Anders Bjerner 487 posts 2989 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Dec 22, 2023 @ 18:23
    Anders Bjerner

I figured you had tried that, but had to ask. It's not something I've seen before.

Do you have an example on how the element type looks? Does it have any properties? Are there any errors in the browser console?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft