Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Patryk Gwizdala 2 posts 71 karma points
    Dec 21, 2023 @ 15:21
    Patryk Gwizdala

Umbraco 10 Multisite setup problem

Hello Everyone! I have a problem with multi-domain, multi-page setup on my production environment.

There is a structure that looks like this (some things will be skipped as it does not matter):

1. Site A (mydomaina.com)
      • Home
      • Page 1
    2. Site B (mydomainb.com)
      • Home
      • Page 2
    3. Site C (mydomainc.com)
      • Home
      • Page 3

Each of Sites (A through C) have different domains set up. Home node is named "Home" and aliased as "home" so it appears as a "/home" in each domain url (e.g. mydomaina.com/home). The problem is, that for every domain that I try to enter each time I see Home page as it is in Site A. Simplest way to avoid this behavior is to change name of respective homepages but it's not ideal to name page as home2, home3 etc.. Any other page which name differs between Sites is correctly displayed under requested domain and there's no cross-site mixup where I can access Page 2 from Site B through Site A. Only this issue with multiple pages with same name across different sites is making my life really hard as we like what Umbraco offers. I searched through forums and various pages but proposed solutions either don't work or are impossible to implement due to different version of Umbraco. We are working on Umbraco 10.0.1.

Any help will be much appreciated as it is giving us a lot of pain.

Regards Patryk GwizdaƂa

• Luuk Peters 82 posts 322 karma points
    Jan 15, 2024 @ 10:27
    Luuk Peters

I really recommend that you upgrade to the lastest version of 10 first. 10.0.1 has vulnerabilities and the latest version of 10 should work fine because it does not contain breaking changes.

Having said that, the behaviour is weird, I think it should work as you expect. Maybe it's a bug in 10.0.1?

I usually make the tree a little different, maybe that also works for you:

• Home (set the cultures and hostnames here) -- page 1 -- page 2

This way, your homepage is not https://domain/home, but simply https://domain. So make the home your start node with cultures and hostnames set.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft