Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ewuski 88 posts 234 karma points
    Dec 26, 2023 @ 16:23
    ewuski

umbracoRedirect not working in Umbraco 10

Did anything happen to umbracoRedirect property in Umbraco 10?

We have it set it up and it is not redirecting whatsoaver on any content to the given url...

• Lars Heesakkers 38 posts 194 karma points
    Dec 27, 2023 @ 14:18
    Lars Heesakkers

It should still work as it is part of the documentation: https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/reference/routing/routing-properties

I also tested it in one of our Umbraco 10 installations.

Do you have it set as a Content Picker property editor?

~Lars

Dec 27, 2023 @ 15:41
    ewuski

Totally. Nothing changed in this content since U7.

We noticed that the umbracoRedirect picker and the umbracoNaviHide true/false fields were somehow got unchecked/ unset not sure when (whether during the upgarde or later). But they are now set, do not produce any errors. Just the umbracoRedirect does not seem to trigger at all.

And that's on all content we noticed that has umbracoRedirect.

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

Before you ask... 404 displays because the page (that is supposed to be redirected) is called by its url while there is no template set for the page. Yet it didn't prevent the redirection from triggering in U7. I guess the template is not required for umbracoRedirect to work.

Dec 28, 2023 @ 16:23
    ewuski

I have done a few tests and:

Case 1: Content with umbracoRedirect property existing previously

• Deleted umbracoRedirect, saved content. Added new umbracoRedirect property directly in doc type NOT WORKING
    • Removed the composition with umbracoRedirect property, saved content. Added newly created composition with umbracoRedirect property NOT WORKING
    • Existing umbracoRedirect property inherited from existing composition NOT WORKING

Each time I removed/ added property I saved the content so to make sure it is removed from property data.

Case 2: Existing content and previously non-existing umbracoRedirect property

• New umbracoRedirect property directly in doc type WORKING
    • New umbracoRedirect property inherited from a new composition WORKING
    • New umbracoRedirect property inherited from existing composition WORKING

Both cases use Content Picker (Umbraco.ContentPicker) as the data type.

I wonder if anybody else has this issue.

• Tobias Pettersson 19 posts 112 karma points
    Mar 25, 2024 @ 09:03
    Tobias Pettersson

Hi!

Have you had any success in why this does not work?

I can't get the umbracoRedirect property to actually redirect at all.

EDIT

I was to quick with this, I restarted my solution after creating the property and it worked out fine.

I'm using modelsbuilder so I probably had to compile the solution before it started working.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft