Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• seanrock 241 posts 462 karma points
    Jan 02, 2024 @ 11:09
    seanrock

UmbracoAuthorizedApiController unsupported media type

Hi

re: umbraco v12

I've got a controller to handle some backoffice member actions. I'm using UmbracoAuthorizedApiController as the base class for my controller and a simple end point that has a guid as its only parameter.

I'm calling the endpoint using $.ajax (post) from the angular controller but i'm getting an unsupported media error.

I've tried replacing the simple guid parameter with a class with the guid as a property of that class as I've seen suggested in some other posts but no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• Garðar Þorsteinsson 114 posts 535 karma points
    Jan 02, 2024 @ 11:54
    Garðar Þorsteinsson

Hi,

You are probably missing [FromBody] attribute

//[FromBody]: Indicates that a parameter should be deserialized from the request body, typically used in POST and PUT requests.
    //[FromQuery]: Indicates that a parameter should be taken from the request's query string.
    //[FromRoute]: Indicates that a parameter should be taken from the route data.
    //[FromForm]: Indicates that a parameter should be taken from the Form data.
    [HttpPost]
    [Produces("application/json")]
    [Route("items/{id:Int}")]
    public async Task<ActionResult<IEnumerable<string>>> GetItems([FromBody] ApiRequest req)
    {
        return Ok();
    }

• seanrock 241 posts 462 karma points
    Jan 02, 2024 @ 13:24
    seanrock

Hi

Actually I did have that but I changed stuff around and it started working, i probably mispelled something :D

Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft