Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shuchita 41 posts 150 karma points
    Jan 05, 2024 @ 09:35
    Shuchita

System out of memory exception in umbraco 11 website hosted in azure

We are getting System out of memory exception in Umbraco 11 website hosted in azure. This error is coming randomly in any function. If there are multiple users then website is crashing. I have recreated the issue by asking four users to test the website and after 30 min it get crashed. Our configuration is 4 core processor and 32 gb Ram. We have observed the the memory consumption is keep on increasing and not going down. Please suggest the solution.

• Conor Howe 36 posts 137 karma points
    Jan 10, 2024 @ 20:48
    Conor Howe

Assuming the app service has the Umbraco CMS and your own code deployed on it you will need to find out what is consuming the memory.

You can find a lot of tools to help with this in Azure under the advanced tools section. You can also pull off memory dumps to enable you to review this in Visual Studio or other tools as described in this post: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/717896/issues-with-app-service-plan-memory-usage-100

Using the tools you should be able to see what process, or have a better insight in to what is causing the issue. If it is Umbraco I would suggest rasing a support ticket.

If it does not look to be Umbraco you may have to review the code to ensure there are not any issues with memory leaks or objects expanding over their capacity like described in this article: https://blog.elmah.io/debugging-system-outofmemoryexception-using-net-tools/

Happy hunting 😁

• Shuchita 41 posts 150 karma points
    Jan 12, 2024 @ 13:09
    Shuchita

Thanks for your reply.

I have optimized the code as much as I can and after troubleshooting it thoroughly, I have come to the conclusion that the maximum memory is being consumed by the Umbraco objects. That's the reason I am coming to this forum.

• Fredrik 15 posts 106 karma points
    5 days ago
    Fredrik

Hi,

Did you find any solution to this?

We are experiencing the same problem on Umbraco 11.5

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft