Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anzalna Nazar 6 posts 80 karma points
    Jan 12, 2024 @ 10:11
    Anzalna Nazar

Errors while Upgrading Umbraco 11 to 12

Hi everyone,

I tried to upgrade my Umbraco project from version 11 to 12 since the 11 version was an STS.

Before upgrading to 12, I kept the backup of my project and DB and updated the project to the latest version of 11, (i.e., 11.5.0).

The project loaded successfully. But when I updated to version 12, I got the error.

enter image description here

I changed my project debug properties App URL to another port number. Again, loaded the project. I got an error something like:

BootFailedException: Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details.
    -> Umbraco.Cms.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: The migration plan does not support migrating from the state "{d9767d18-5500-4db4-b024-639202dd0dcd}".

When I checked the DB, in the table “dbo.umbracoKeyValue”, the above value refers to one of the packages that have been installed in my project.

In my case, I had an issue with “Umbraco.Deploy “ whose key is “Umbraco.Core.Upgrader.State+Deploy.Migration”.

The error was that the migrated version of the package(ver.12) does not support the value in the DB(ver. 11). To fix this, I tried the following steps:

1. Created a new Umbraco 12 project (same as the current version) and loaded it successfully.

2. Created a new DB and connected to the solution.

3. Installed all packages (version of 12) as in the previous solution and ran the project.

4. Now in the new DB, the table “dbo.umbracoKeyValue” contains a new value for the package “Umbraco.Core.Upgrader.State+Deploy.Migration”.

5. Then, I copied the value and updated the previous table “dbo.umbracoKeyValue” with it using the query

UPDATE dbo.umbracoKeyValue
      SET value = '{6d9b2927-4b44-4ac4-ace7-2b3de2aecb49}'
      WHERE [key] = 'Umbraco.Core.Upgrader.State+Deploy.Migration';

Now the value had been changed and the project was loaded again, and it worked successfully!

Thanks!

• Dhanesh Kumar MJ 158 posts 511 karma points c-trib
    Jan 12, 2024 @ 10:39
    Dhanesh Kumar MJ

Thanks Anzalna Nazar 🤟🤟

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft