Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Darren Hunter 105 posts 196 karma points
    Jan 15, 2024 @ 16:23
    Darren Hunter

Need a Image Control with Link Picker

Hi,

Is there any packages that are available that allow an Image to have a link attached. I am trying to build one and having issues building it.

I tried to create a new gridEditors per this

https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/v/10.latest-lts/fundamentals/backoffice/property-editors/built-in-umbraco-property-editors/grid-layout/build-your-own-editor

I can get it to work for an image but I did pull in the anguler for the select media control. But now I also need to add a link with a link picker and I am struggling.

Any suggestions.

I dont want to just add a link to the media image type as the image may be used in multiple locations and have different links.

• Asembli 81 posts 255 karma points
    Jan 15, 2024 @ 21:31
    Asembli

Hi, you don't even need to make a custom control for it. Umbraco forces the use of BlockList and BlockGrid view, which is very useful.

You just make an Element (Atom Icon) with basic fields: an Image and a Link, and assign it to the BlockList (or BlockGrid). You can use this 'Element' in any List or Grid. This is how I make all the more complex elements.

Of course, sometimes I also do something with angular, but I don't think it's necessary here...

Regards

• Darren Hunter 105 posts 196 karma points
    Jan 16, 2024 @ 08:29
    Darren Hunter

Hi,

Thanks for the Info, I have to have a chat to the Senior Dev and see what way we want to go with this.

It an Excising site and it uses grid layout, that why we where looking at a customer control and we did not want to use the new block grid as we though this would confuse the customer.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft