Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Venkat 6 posts 97 karma points
    Jan 25, 2024 @ 08:32
    Venkat

Maximum Number of Sites in Umbraco Single Instance

Dear Community,

I am in the process of migrating from another CMS to Umbraco 13, and I'm excited about the transition. To ensure a smooth transition, I would like to understand the platform's scalability regarding the maximum number of sites that can be effectively managed in a single Umbraco 13 instance, considering it utilizes a single database.

Details:

Question: What is the maximum recommended number of sites that Umbraco 13 can handle within a single instance, especially given its use of a single database?

Factors: I acknowledge that various factors, such as site complexity, server resources, and the Umbraco version, can influence this.

Context: My goal is to optimize the performance and scalability of my project, which involves managing a specific number of sites within a single Umbraco 13 instance.

Please let me know the maximum sites number in single Umbraco instance

I would greatly appreciate any insights, best practices, or considerations related to managing multiple sites in a single Umbraco 13 instance. Your experiences and recommendations will be invaluable in this transition.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Feb 13, 2024 @ 02:00
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Venkat

There is no such number as a limit of sites in one instance; it's more a question of the server's performance and other infrastructure.

How many sites do you need to run in one Umbraco instance?

Thanks,

Alex

• Danny Paul van Iersel 14 posts 122 karma points
    Feb 14, 2024 @ 15:34
    Danny Paul van Iersel

Hello Venkat,

As you already mention there are many factors, but those regarding more in performance of all your website in one instance.

There is not a real limit, other then when you performance is very slow for all your site it is the limit in those specific settings.

If you encounter performance issues and for example if you run your environment in Azure, you have the options to scale your environment. Either by using multiple instances or even higher tiers. Keep in mind this does increase your monthly costs of your environment.

Kind regards, Danny Paul

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft