Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonathan L Folland 27 posts 159 karma points
    Feb 04, 2024 @ 21:45
    Jonathan L Folland

Umbraco Cloud Migrate Solution - Must I use UmbracoProject or can I specity solution file?

I am looking at the git repo generated when I created an umbraco cloud project. I see the following in the .umbraco file:

[project]
    base = "src/UmbracoProject"
    csproj = "UmbracoProject.csproj"

Since I have an existing project src/MyUmbraco.Site in a solution that has other library project, Can I switch the .umbraco file to something like?:

[solution]
    base = "src"
    sln = "MyUmbraco.sln"

Where the solution contains the MyUmbraco.Site project and the library projects.

Or must I rename the project to UmbracoProject? Do I need to do something else to add the library projects?

UPDATE: Both of the answers below are correct. I marked the second one as the answer, because I used the nuget package to generate a multi project solution; that showed me what should be in the .umbraco file. The structure of the .umbraco file should reference the project file and not the solution as I was guessing above:

[project]
    base = "src/CustomProjectFolder"
    csproj = "CustomProject.Site.csproj"

• Busra Sengul 9 posts 112 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Feb 05, 2024 @ 07:59
    Busra Sengul

You can rename UmbracoProject to a custom project name.

You indeed need to change it in the .umbraco file, as well as Startup and Program files' namespaces.

Don't forget to rename the Umbraco Project folder in the file explorer.

If you're adding a new solution instead of renaming you need to delete the Umbraco Project folder :)

Hope this helps :)

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 07, 2024 @ 13:18
    Sebastiaan Janssen

This tool will do all the hard work for you to make sure you get a nice local setup: https://www.nuget.org/packages/umbracocloud

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft