Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hong 66 posts 228 karma points
    Feb 06, 2024 @ 12:36
    Hong

Unable to find uSync section.

I am trying to follow the instructions of uSyncMigrations to update Umbraco. I have two instances of Umbraco on a computer - one production, one experimental.

I managed to install uSync.Migration.Packer.v7 on the experimental one but could not find uSync tab in the developer section.

Could anyone offer a tip on how to use the Pakcer? enter image description here

• Marc Goodson 2142 posts 14345 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Feb 08, 2024 @ 09:13
    Marc Goodson

Hi Hong

If you click the 'Develop' title of that menu, then it will give you the landing page of the Developer section and the workspace on the right will have multiple tabs representing each of the install apps, and there should be on for uSync!

regards

Marc

Feb 08, 2024 @ 13:15
    Hong

Thank you for the tip, Marc.

Here is the developer page: enter image description here

I checked all the tabs but failed to find uSync.

I wonder if I need to install some other things to make it show up.

Feb 08, 2024 @ 14:06
    Marc Goodson

Hi Hong

Yes, I'm thinking you might need to install uSync first and uSync Content Edition

enter image description here

I had those already, which might be why I have the tab.

regards

Marc

Feb 09, 2024 @ 00:25
    Hong

Thank you for the tip, Marc. I followed your suggestion to install uSync and uSync Content Edition. I have got the uSync BackOffic tab but it is empty. I suspect the installation ran into a problem. enter image description here enter image description here

Feb 09, 2024 @ 08:42
    Marc Goodson

HI Hong

Can you find the actual file that it is 'missing' in the file system in your app_Plugins folder - the weird thing here is it's trying to load it from a folder called /umbraco2/?

Whereas by default, Umbraco would normally be available on /umbraco

if you have any rewrite rule that writes /umbraco to /umbraco2 for any reason, then if you exclude the app_plugins/uSync folder from that rule it might find it!

regards

Marc

Feb 09, 2024 @ 12:50
    Hong

I know it may be confusing, Marc.

Let me explain this. My instance of Umbraco has been under a directory called Umbraco for many years. It has been working fine.

To be safe, I duplicated the Umbraco directory and SQL Server database and named the new directory Umbraco2 for my migration, and made the new Umbraco use the cloned database so that nothing would affect the production one no matter what I do.

In summary, the instance of Umbraco I am working on is under directory Umbraco2.

I just found uSync created a new directory Umbraco2 under the existing directory Umbraco2 and the missing file is there (under ...\umbraco2\umbraco2\App_Plugins\uSync) enter image description here

I think I have two ways to try to address this problem: 1. Copy contents from directory Umbraco2/Umbraco2 to directory Umbraco2/Umbraco which has been used by Umbraco all along.

1. Remove all uSync packages, move Umbraco2 to another place and name it Umbraco, then reinstall all uSync packages.

I favor #2 which is safer than #1 because I may encounter other packages in the future with this kind of problem.

Feb 11, 2024 @ 16:15
    Hong

I took the #2 approach by:

1. Uninstall all uSync packages.
    2. Move Umbraco2 to a newly created directory Test.
    3. Rename Umbraco2 to Umbraco.
    4. Install all uSync packages.

Now, I have the uSync tab. enter image description here

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft