Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Liam Dilley 153 posts 379 karma points
    Feb 08, 2024 @ 04:56
    Liam Dilley

RetrieveStorage() error in the back office loading Block Grid

• Local build of project - Totally fine
    • Staging server for site - Totally fine.
    • Live server - Issue

I currently can not get a block grid I have on my content pages loading in the back office. You just get the loading animation. The console log says the following: Backoffice Error

I am not able to search and find anything on this one. The content on the actual pages belonging to this block grid renders totally fine, it is just not loading in the back office. Can anyone help point me in the right direction please?

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Feb 08, 2024 @ 08:50
    Marc Goodson

Hi Liam

retrieveStorage() is part of the cllipboardService that helps you copy blocks from between pages

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/7046c3585b65b0fb3e6d87ad640035f2be7f3b66/src/Umbraco.Web.UI.Client/src/common/services/clipboard.service.js#L80

I wonder if you've got a block on the clipboard, but the underlying element type has changed in the meantime?

If you clear your browsers local storage does that resolve the issue? (or try in an incognito window/different browser)

regards

Marc

• Liam Dilley 153 posts 379 karma points
    Feb 08, 2024 @ 22:23
    Liam Dilley

Thank you Marc, Just the clipboardService info is what I needed and the nudge. Thank You! The old cookie / clear tools were not working as they do not do local storage. Sorted now!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft