Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vijay 13 posts 83 karma points
    Feb 08, 2024 @ 14:22
    Vijay

Reupload media with the same url

Hi everyone,

I've recently connected my media folder to an S3 bucket, storing images there. I'm using these image links in third-party sites. Now, I'm encountering an issue where I need to update an image while keeping the URL and path the same. However, despite re-uploading the image in Umbraco with the same filename, the changes aren't reflected. Even after refreshing the backend, the old image persists. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions on how to achieve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! enter image description here

Feb 12, 2024 @ 05:46
    Vijay

Hello Umbraco family...

Any suggestions..

Regards, Vijay

• Sebastian Dammark 581 posts 1385 karma points
    Feb 12, 2024 @ 08:48
    Sebastian Dammark

Hi Vijay,

Click the remove file(s), and upload the file again, but with a different filename.

I have experienced that the cache didn't update if the filename was the same.

Feb 12, 2024 @ 13:09
    Vijay

Hi Sebastian,

I'm able to update the image with the different filename but I need the url should be static so I'm keeping the same filename.

Regards, Vijay.

Feb 19, 2024 @ 14:55
    Vijay

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have any idea about it? Please let me know.

• Sebastian Dammark 581 posts 1385 karma points
    Feb 20, 2024 @ 21:31
    Sebastian Dammark

Another thing you could try is to delete the cached folder.

If you go to /umbraco/Data/TEMP/ you should have a folder named MediaCache

This folder should hold all your cached media. If you can find the folder that holds your cached image you can try to rename it.

That will force Umbraco to create a new cached version of your file.

I had a similar problem a few days ago right here: https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/113546-media-cache-not-found

But I'm not sure how I would solve it on a more permanent basis. Maybe you can trigger it to update the cache with MediaService Notifications Link: https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/reference/notifications/mediaservice-notifications

Feb 28, 2024 @ 10:57
    Vijay

Hi Sebastian,

I need to update my images randomly. Is there any other possibility to upload images every time and use the same static URL to be utilized on other sites? Could you please assist me with this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft