Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• friendlyuser 2 posts 72 karma points
    Feb 09, 2024 @ 15:31
    friendlyuser

static folder

Is there a way to set my Umbraco 13 project in order to see the css/js files from a folder named static, not from wwwroot? Also, in the static there will be some icons.

• Danine Noble 82 posts 368 karma points
    Feb 09, 2024 @ 19:50
    Danine Noble

Hullo there ^^

Umbraco's documentation for Global Settings is probably what you're looking for. In the appsettings you can change the paths to your static files if you need to.

• friendlyuser 2 posts 72 karma points
    Feb 10, 2024 @ 13:47
    friendlyuser

I've already set "UmbracoCssPath": "~/folder" but don't know how to set it in views.

• Danine Noble 82 posts 368 karma points
    Feb 12, 2024 @ 16:06
    Danine Noble

Changing the "UmbracoCssPath": "~/css" in appsettings is how you would change what shows in the Backoffice > Settings > Stylesheets list. I just tested it with a project and it swapped just fine :3

If you do not see a change then you should check you have the correct path to your other stylesheets, or perhaps try a clean + rebuild to make sure it's being built with your changes.

Otherwise, make sure you're adjusting the right appsettings.json version if you've got different ones for prod/dev/etc.

Unless you mean something different by 'Views'? Are you referring to how to hook it up to your cshtml Views? If so, it'd be just using normal HTML external resource linking in your layout template and does not involve appsettings at all.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft