Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael Beever 74 posts 155 karma points
    Feb 21, 2024 @ 09:26
    Michael Beever

Hello,

I am trying to setup SSO in Umbraco, it works perfectly in local. But when i publish to Azure rather than the vanity URL we are using internally it gets the baseURL which is blocked and we are unable to sign in.

I am trying to figure out a way we can change the CallbackPath URL to go to the vanity URLs instead.

or is there a better for sane way to do it?

Thanks

• Danny Paul van Iersel 14 posts 122 karma points
    Feb 21, 2024 @ 15:49
    Danny Paul van Iersel

Hello Michael,

Not sure what your setup is or to what SSO you connect.

Most SSO systems are configured per environment and only allow the requests from that specific domain.

If you manipulate the CallbackPath with the request is still being send by you baseURL of your azure environment.

some documentation that might help you: https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/reference/security/external-login-providers/

• Michael Beever 74 posts 155 karma points
    Feb 22, 2024 @ 09:15
    Michael Beever

Hi Danny,

Firstly thank you for responding.

The SSO process you have mentioned is the one I am using.

We have an Azure URL and an Internal URL that is only available this is what I need to set the baseURL as but I am not sure how to exactly set.

Thanks

• Danny Paul van Iersel 14 posts 122 karma points
    Feb 22, 2024 @ 09:28
    Danny Paul van Iersel

It is tricky I think since the whole authentication needs to be secured and I doubt it will fully function if you are not on the correct url.

You could look into the following topic: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/65932391/how-to-configure-the-oauth-callback-to-a-different-domain-in-asp-net-core-authen

Other options is to configure your SSO Identity Provider to accept the Azure URL. This would require you to have some configuration per environment to set the API key and Secret.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft