Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• seanrock 241 posts 462 karma points
    Feb 22, 2024 @ 07:50
    seanrock

Plugins do not get included when deploying on azure

Hi

We seem to have this issue on every release, every (umbaco) application. The plugins do not get released and we have to manually upload the plugins folder. Also there appears to be 2 plugins folders, one on the root of the site and one in the wwwroot. Either never gets updated when we deploy the site, we have to manually update them. Anyone else have this issue?

• Kevin Jump 2311 posts 14697 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Feb 22, 2024 @ 09:25
    Kevin Jump

Hummm....

I seem to remember there was a earlier version of Umbraco that had some lines in the .csproj that effected the deployment of the app_plugins folder.

but on newer version i don't think that is there anymore, and things deploy.

I would check there isn't anything app_plugin related in the .csproj file?

There are two app_plugins folders, but the way umbraco works, it actually uses a custom file provider so when your site is running it looks like there is only a single app_plugins folder in the root of the site.

anything that is using Razor class libraries, will put stuff in wwwroot/app_plugins when you publish a site (dotnet publish or equivalent)

before you publish, and when you are looking locally those files are actually coming from the .NuGet cache on the machine so aren't in your site, and its one of the reasons you can't simple copy a folder to a server for deployment (there are lots of .NET core reasons, but this is one).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft