Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Karl Alesbury 8 posts 71 karma points
    Feb 28, 2024 @ 13:13
    Karl Alesbury

Umbraco Commerce - Multiple Cultures, multiple stores?

Hi,

I couldn't specify an Umbraco version above V9, so apologies for it saying V9!

I'm building a U13 instance with multiple websites under it, each with its own culture and domain name. These stores will all sell the same product, so the product listing sits OUTSIDE the content trees.

I want to be able to specify the price in USD and GBP for a given product, and for Umbraco Commerce to display that price in the respective currency and allow the user to check out.

I was hoping that two website that have separate cultures could share the same Umbraco Commerce if they both had the same Store picked in their homepage (as per the demo site), but if I try this, users are seemingly checked out as UK customers, which is the default country, with GBP as the default base currency.

If I try and create two Umbraco Commerce stores, one that has a base country of United States & currency of USD, the other UK with GBP, the UmbracoCommerce:Price picker only allows me to pick prices for the FIRST store, without being able to configure the store that the price currencies come from.

I appreciate this is complicated to read, so what I'm asking in a nutshell is:

If I have multiple websites in an Umbraco instance that share a product content node, can I use a single Umbraco Commerce store to check the user out with the relevant currency depending on the website's culture, or is there a way to have a 1-to-1 relationship between Commerce store and website?

Thanks, and happy to elaborate as much as I can to make it clear. I found it tricky to explain :D

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft